Tag Archives: salutations to the Guru
Guru Purnima 2011
“Gururbrahmaa gururvishnuh gururdevo Maheswarah |
Guruh-saakshaat parambrahma tasmai shrigurave namah || “
“Guru is creator Brahma,
Guru is preserver Vishnu,
Guru is also the destroyer Siva and he is the source of the Absolute.
I offer all my salutations to the Guru. “
- The full moon day in the month of Ashadh (July) of the Hindu calendar is celebrated as Guru Purnima by all Hindus. This day is celebrated as a mark of respect to the ” Guru ” i.e. a teacher or a preacher.
- This day is celebrated in the sacred memory of the great sage Vyasa, the ancient saint who compiled the four Vedas, wrote 18 Puranas, the Mahabharata and the Srimad Bhagavata.
- The day, also known as “Vyasa Purnima” is observed by devotees who offer pujas (worship) to their beloved Gurus. Sage Vyasa is known to be the Adi (original) Guru of the Hindu religion. The auspicious day of Vyaasa Poornima has a great significance as everybody knows that the role of a Guru in real life is very much important.
Your Prediction For This Guru Purnima
- Those who are following the spiritual activity will get peace of mind, wisdom to handle life, blessings of the benevolents: the Guru, the Angels, Jupiter
- Spiritual pursuits will bring the fulfillment of desires and profits.
- Those who worship Lakshmi or Radha will receive abundant blessings as she will be able to descend quickly from the Heavens to grant financial and material success.
- Your relationships both intimate and otherwise will take on an entirely new dimension infused with divine love and ease.
Look to the Sky!
- The planets are uniquely positioned to give this Guru Purnima a fresh perspective and new hope for the spiritually inclined. Spiritual, God Loving seekers often come up short in the world of material success. This Guru Purnima is set to reverse that. Let the Goddess be your Guru and infuse your life with both the material and spiritual!
- All things astrologically point to the Goddess reigning supreme for this Full Moon. The key planets supporting this are Venus- the maya, love and material world planet, the Moon- your emotional support planet, Jupiter- the wisdom or Guru planet, Mars- the proactive for successful endeavors planet and Mercury- the mind-set, business and communications planet.
- Goddess Lakshmi and Lord Vishnu in the form of Radha-Krishna take the lead in teaching us about spiritual action and achieving worldly success through love. Radha- Krishna’s union is considered the ultimate in divine love.
- The relationship of Radha-Krishna is the highest of loves to reach for as it embodies divine love, beauty, affection, joy, bliss, effortless manifestation and wealth. On July 15th, 2011 IST, this Guru Purnima, a special ceremony re-enacting their divine marriage will take place at a little known, remote and very small shrine in Tamil Nadu where the couple are said to have joined in union.
The 2011 Guru Purnima Equation for Worldly and Spiritual Success.
Venus + Moon + Jupiter + Mars + Mercury + Lakshmi – Vishnu / Radha – Krishna = Worldly & Spiritual Success