Tag Archives: Activity
The Listening Test – An Activity By Satish Nadkarni
Pay attention; that’s what everyone says. Our eyes and ears are wide open to hear the concept. Still somehow we lose the listening skill. Either we don’t have interest in that topic or we have some objection. Some topics are so interesting that if we get distracted by some other means then we shout our heart out. Listening to, and in any language requires focus and attention.
Listening to someone is an uprightness. If you listen with a very good expression and gesture then the other person also gains confidence in expressing his views, as you give complete attention to that person. If you have good listening skills, that means you have solutions too. Because you understand the needs of the person. Your response will be almost accurate.
Listening with a good gesture requires patience and intelligence. Patience because you might listen to some bad things too and intelligence because even if you don’t have the knowledge of what the content is, still you have to accept and ask questions about that content. Many companies offer listening skills training. This benefits not only the employee but also to the company. Because listening skills, helps in lower bug rate in projects and also helps in knowledge sharing.
Listening skill plays a vital role in our day-to-day life. So let’s check your listening test with this small game. This game was developed by my father, Mr. Satish Nadkarni. My dad, 74 years old, still works in a private firm. He is an indefatigable. and he is very enthusiastic for this work. Since he has good listening skills and understands the clients’ needs, the client always prefers to work with my dad. My Dad is also a devotee and makes games and entertains others, whenever our swamiji (Master, Lord) visits Mumbai. So, here goes the game and write your answers on paper.
1) Read everything before you do anything.
2) Write your name in the upper right hand corner of one paper.
3) Draw small five squares in the upper left hand corner of the paper.
4) Call your name aloud.
5) Write your name again in the lower right hand corner of the paper.
6) Put an ‘X’ in the lower left hand corner of the paper.
7) If you are enjoying this test say “Yes”, if not say “No”
8) Loudly Call out your last name when you reach this point of the test.
9) On the right margin of the paper, multiply 66 by 7
10) If you think you have followed directions carefully to this point call “I have”
11) On the left margin of this paper, add 69 by 98
12) Count in your normal speaking voice from 10 to 1 backwards.
13) Stand up, turn around once and sit down
14) Say out loud, “I am nearly finished, I have followed directions”.
15) If you are the first to this point, say, “I am the leader in following directions”.
16) Draw a circle around sentence 5
17) Draw a rectangle around the word “paper” in sentence 4
18) Circle the word “paper” in sentence 4
19) Now that you have finished reading carefully, as instructed in question 1, do only question number 2